Isadora Duncan International Presents Carnevale di Venezia
In the spirit of Autumn’s golden luster, a magnificent journey is planned drawing us near to the world renowned, sacred, center of festival, Carnevale di Venezia.
Art and Love in the Venetian Renaissance, led by Jeanne Bresciani, Ph.D., offers every participant – creating, reveling, or pilgrimaging – a once in a lifetime opportunity to live the unique elegance, ecstasy, and tradition that is Carnevale di Venezia. Please join us to reawaken your capacity for transcendent experience and creation within La Serenissima’s world of beauty, art, nature, and culture.
This unique journey has been shaped for artists, scholars and enthusiasts of the literary, visual, and lively arts, welcoming participants from diverse fields of interest, to be guided by history, poetry, legend, and lore from one passionate realm of artistry to another.
Itinerary Highlights Include:
- Venice’s plethora of Museums in seminars: At Palazzo Ducale – the titular home of the Doge, Dogaressa, ‘Lady Venice’ – and their four adjacent Marco treasuries; within the coloratura of the arts merged at the hauntingly beautiful Museo Fortuny; surrounded by the luminous rarely-seen frescoes of Tiepolo’s Palazzo Labia; to name a few.
- A festive afternoon at the Ballo di Cioccolata sipping on the sumptuous hot chocolate and fritelli zabaione – legendary delicacies of Carnevale season amidst the sights and sounds of a Rococo ball.
- An evocative Night at the Opera within the sphere of Venice’s extraordinary musical history; another evening immersed in Arlecchino and Pantalone’s Commedia dell’Arte exploring the humorous side of Venice’s standard-bearing theatrics.
- An historical and cultural walking tour through the sestieri to encounter the manifold art restorations completed by the Save Venice Foundation, so vital in preserving the life force of La Serenissima.
- Celebratory food experiences: An opening Dinner in the ‘Dantesque’ sensibility of Al Paradiso with our Venetian Host, Giordano; An exploration of sense delights at the Rialto market and the Venice rarity of a cicchetti feast at a well-kept local secret; A High Tea within a jewelbox-sized, Renaissance palazzo; An evening cooking extravaganza and bubbling soirée with the world-renowned ‘Cooking Countess’, Enrica Rocca, in her family palazzo; An elegant candlelight dinner aboard the traditional Galleone Veneziana, an ancient sailing ship, traversing San Marco and encircling the islands of Murano, Burano, and Torcello beneath the stars.
- Other poignant learning and sharing opportunities in dedication and thanksgiving to all that is around us Wrapped within the floating dream that is Venice, we move in seminar format traversing her canals and bridges. We meet the stuﬀ of body and soul resplendent, as journey participants foster a rapport to Venice Herself and to Venetians – within Europe’s most intimate city – welcomed by friends from the Venice Association, in moments designed to remember forever.
Cost: $3,500, February 22nd through March 1st, 2017 | Based on double occupancy, single supplement at extra cost. Airfare not included. Itinerary subject to change.
**Register in full by November 21st, 2016 and receive the special gift of an embellished Fortuny-inspired, couture, silken scarf**
Trip cost includes luxury accommodations for 7 nights, all seminar fees, five festive celebratory food experiences, guidance throughout, local group transportation via vaporetto, group admission to the opera and theater, fees for excursions and itinerary highlights. Optional exclusive entrée to private themed, formal balls by special invitation of the Venice Association available at additional cost. For registration and further information please contact the IDII: firstname.lastname@example.org | 212-753-0846 | www.idii.org
In a manner from the worldly set apart, Venice is built upon the water like a celestial, supernatural decree: and the King of Heaven was pleased to found in her the safe, eternal nest of his faith, which elsewhere lay oppressed; and for his own delight on this shore he placed all the most esteemed and vaunted sweetness… Veronica Franco