Sunday, 8 May 2011
Next Sunday 8th May, the Liceu is holding an Open Day, from 10 am to 6 pm, without interruption.
The most emblematic areas of the opera house will be open to visitors: the Auditorium, the Saló dels Miralls (Hall of Mirrors), the Foyer and the Círculo del Liceu, a clear exponent of Catalan Modernism with an exceptional painting collection by Ramon Casas.
There will be live music performances all day long, at the Saló dels Miralls:
• In the morning, singing students from the Liceu’s Music Conservatory.
• In the afternoon, presented by Mònica Pagès, there will be a recital with the best vocal pieces from the main German composers, played by four well-known singers of the present generation; the soprano Marta Matheu, the mezzo-soprano Claudia Schneider, the tenor Roger Padullés and the baritone Enric Martínez-Castignani, accompanied by the pianist Francisco Poyato, will offer a retrospective through the lied and German opera, from Mozart to Kurt Weill. It will also be the absolute premiere of two songs, composed by Enric Palomar and Albert Guinovart, from German poems, as an especial contribution.
At the Foyer there will be screened three operas recorded at the Liceu: The (Little) Magic Flute”, “Cinderella” (both from the Petit Liceu –Liceu for children), and Manon of J. Massenet.
Hours of opening and access:
- The Open Day will last from 10 am to 6 pm
- Access will be through the Main Entrance, La Rambla No. 51 – 59
- The Cercle del Liceu can be visited between 10 am and 6 pm.
Performances at the Saló dels Miralls (Hall of Mirrors):
– from 10 am to 14 pm, singing students from the Liceu’s Music Conservatory.
– from 14 pm to 18 pm, soloists (German repertory). The concert is part of the
“German Week in Spain”, organized by the German Embassy, Consulate and the Goethe Institute in Spain.
Opera screenings will take place at the Foyer (limited capacity): 10.30 am, The (Little) Magic Flute (opera from Petit Liceu, recorded on 2002) 12.30 pm, Cinderella (opera from Petit Liceu, recorded on 2009) 15.30 pm, Manon, J. Massenet (recorded on 2007).
Teatre Liceu. Sala © A Bofil
© 2005 – 2011 Danza Ballet